EducationI received the Dux award at my High School with an ATAR of 99.80
I completed both Maths Methods and Maths Specialist as well as Physics, Chemistry, English Literature and Jazz Saxophone.
I tutor Year 11 and 12 Maths Methods and Maths Specialist, as well as any other Maths subjects up to Year 12 level.
ExperienceI have been a tutor for 6 years helping students reach their potential and improve their confidence, concentration, note taking skills and exam strategies.
I always aim to improve both my students results and their study skills so that, while students learn plenty of content during my lessons, they are also empowered to make better use of their own personal study time.
Being a young man myself, I understand how students are feeling at this time in their lives.
I can assist high-achievers and low-achievers alike. If students are struggling with confidence and motivation to apply themselves to their subject I can help them build confidence and acknowledge their strengths, make lessons engaging and interesting for them, and set a positive example of appreciating learning and working hard. If students are naturally gifted and confident in a subject I can help them to harness their strengths, iron out any weaknesses, read and answer questions carefully, get in the habit of double-checking their working to reduce silly errors, and create strategies on how best to study and tackle exams.
I usually structure lessons on a case by case basis, asking each student and parent what teaching delivery style they require and respond best to. However if you are unsure what teaching plan you want I can deliver lessons in my own personal style which includes:
1) Assessing the students ability and confidence in the subject, and creating a timetable to cover any content in class that wasn’t fully understood while reviewing topics periodically to ensure the content has been retained
2) Encouraging students to take notes about what they learnt in each lesson
3) Giving students short exercises to be completed after each lesson and before next weeks lesson
4) Creating mental maps to help students access information and answer questions quicker, and timing students so they can visibly see their increase in mental computational speed
5) Giving mock exams to build self-reliance, positive attitudes, prioritisation skills and time management skills
I have wide availability at the moment so please feel free to contact me and enquire about lesson times.
Phone: 0410 000 459
HobbiesI thoroughly enjoy tutoring students, especially when I help them to gain confidence in their ability to solve questions and to appreciate that they can methodically work out how to answer questions.
I am currently at UWA studying Civil and Mechanical Engineering. I also take an active part in my community volunteering for the Rotaract Club of South Perth and Environment House in Bayswater.
Phone: 0410 000 459
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.